Thursday 10 September 2020

From McD to MEKDI!

 Good day everyone. Back to blogging because I just done shooting dear Mekdi Pasar, yes M-E-K-D-I! The Mekdi signage is prominently displayed at our famous passer branch, following the successful activation at the Bukit Bintang restaurant last year. I really wanted to fly over to shoot this content as it is SO MALAYSIAN but luckily, I have chance to shoot in my own hometown!


When I reached the counter, I was super excited. I decide to try almost all the new menu because of the launch of Nasi Lemak McD with its new side dish options of Rendang Ayam, Spicy Chicken McDeluxe Cutlet or Grilled Chicken Burger (GCB) Cutlet and local flavours infused into its dessert menu with the all-new McFlurry Cendol. Menu has been localised to cater to Malaysian taste buds. 


I also did a RM50 challenge to see how much I can order within a piece of green note. If you are interested with the results, do check my Youtube video right after this blog post. You seriously cannot believe the outcome. I had to eat so much to not waste food. Thank God, I brought my shooting team over. Everyone got to try each dish and we were all amazed and satisfied. If you crave for burger and your boyfriend craves for Nasi Lemak, no need argue ok. Spilt so much tea, gosh, watch my video HAHA!



I have to say McDonald’s Malaysia has successfully localised almost every aspect of its business, and has showcase the Mekdi signage, a localised nickname that has been fondly given to McDonald’s by Malaysians.They even celebrate the very essence of being Malaysian from its food, to its people, as well as the causes that the company champions. Ingredients are sourced locally, workforce is 95% Malaysian, franchisees are 100 percent Malaysian, grassroots activities are focused towards local communities and charity efforts are for underprivileged Malaysian children.


You should try the new side dishes of Nasi Lemak McD and encourage Malaysians to take photos with the new Mekdi signage as part of this year’s Merdeka and Malaysia Day celebration. Happy Malaysia Day to all of you in advance!


#Mekdi 

#McDonaldsMalaysia 

#NasiLemakMcD

No comments: